I’m very grateful for my children and the unconditional love that they have brought into my life. The best way to show them mine is through these daily love promises that I’m sure can be adopted by other parents as their own.
- I promise to do my best to create opportunities for you to be happy. Knowing that I’m far from perfect, that I make mistakes all the time, and that sometimes I’m stubborn and complicated, I want you to know that I have never loved anyone before as much I love you. Your happiness is so important to me.
- I promise to always be here for you. And I want you to know that even though sometimes I may overreact or get stressed out over insignificant stuff, I love you more than my own life, and I am always here for you. My job is to support you in the hard times, to help you understand the confusing moments, to lend you a hand as needed, and to offer you my unconditional love when nothing seems to make sense.
- I promise to look you in the eye. To laugh out loud at your jokes. To listen intently to every one of your stories. To fight your wars, and to celebrate every big and small triumph of yours. I promise to save your drawings, to treasures your memories, and to be here to remind you how amazing and incomparable you are.
- I promise to understand you; even in those moments when you can’t understand your own self. I promise to defend you, and to protect you forever. I also promise to do my best to let you grow. To give you your own space, even in the times when I feel that we would do better together. I promise to learn how to deal with the melancholy of letting you go when that’s what you need. And I promise that no matter where you are, I’ll always be here, ready to support you.
- I promise to respect your decisions, and to let you make your own mistakes. I promise to celebrate and accept your choices. I promise to believe in you. I don’t want to change you, I don’t want to judge you, I don’t want to compare you to anyone else. I just want to let you know that I love you just the way you are, and there is no more perfect and amazing child to me, than you.
But above all, I promise you to love for you forever with the unconditional love that was born with your life, with the unconditional love that I have learned from you.